Interstate 95 south to Interstate 495 (Capital Beltway) toward Silver Spring/Northern Virginia. Take exit 33, heading south on Connecticut Avenue for about 9 miles. Turn right onto Florida Avenue (just past the Washington Hilton) and turn left immediately onto 21st Street. Turn right on H Street. The Academic Center is on the right. The Department is located on the 7th floor.
Interstate 270 to Interstate 495 (Capital Beltway) toward Silver Spring. Take exit 33, heading south on Connecticut Avenue for about 9 miles. Follow directions as given in From North.
Interstate 66 and Route 50 both connect with the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge. Cross the bridge and exit left at E Street, then again at Virginia Avenue. Bear left, following signs for 23rd Street. Turn right on 23rd Street and continue a few blocks to campus. Turn right on H Street. The Academic Center is on the left. The Department is located on the 7th floor.
Interstate 95 to Interstate 395 Arlington Memorial Bridge exit. Cross the bridge and bear left at the Lincoln Memorial. Turn left onto 23rd Street, NW, and follow directions as given in From West.
Visitor parking is available at the intersection of 22nd and I ("Eye") Street. To enter, drive on 23rd Street, turn into I Street, and then turn right into the visitor parking building.
Riding the Metro
1. Get off at the "Foggy Bottom-GWU" stop from the Blue or Orange Line.
2. Take the escalator to the street level, and in the direction you will be facing at the top of the escalator, cross 23rd Street and walk along the right side of I ("Eye") Street.
3. Continue one block I Street and cross 22nd Street.
4. The Academic Center is on the right, a large glass building behind an incongruous little white house.
5. Take the elevator to the 7th floor, turn left into the corridor. The main CS office is in Room 704.
Riders on the Red line can transfer to the Blue or Orange lines from Metro Center. Green line riders can transfer at L'Enfant Plaza. Yellow Line riders can transfer at the Pentagon or L’Enfant Plaza, depending upon your direction of origin.
Metro fare ranges from $1.45 to a maximum of $4.60 per person, depending upon time of day and distance travelled. Consult the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) website for more information.