A student in the Elliott School or Columbian College student desiring a second major in Computer Science must apply in SEAS, and must meet the admission criteria.
The second major in Computer Science requires the courses below.
- General curriculum requirements of your home school.
- Computer Science Requirements of 11 courses:
- Six required courses:
- CSCI 1111 Introduction to Software Development (3)
- CSCI 1112 Algorithms and Data Structures I (3); Prerequisites: CSCI 1111
- CSCI 1311 Discrete Structures (3); Prerequisites: MATH 1220 or CSCI 1231
- CSCI 2113 Software Engineering (3); Prerequisites: CSCI 1112
- CSCI 2461 Computer Architecture I (3); Prerequisites: CSCI 1112
- CSCI 2441 Database and Team Projects (3); Prerequisites: CSCI 2113
- Two electives from:
- CSCI 3212 Algorithms (4); Prerequisite: CSCI 1311, 2113
- CSCI 3313 Foundations of Computing (4); Prerequisite: CSCI 2461, 2113
- CSCI 3410 Systems Programming (3); Prerequisite: CSCI 2461, 2113
- CSCI 3411 Operating Systems (4); Prerequisite: CSCI 2461, 2113
- CSCI 4223 Principles of Programming Languages (3); Prerequisite: CSCI 1311, 2113
- Three electives from a Technical Track. You must choose a Technical Track and select three courses from that track. Click here to read about the available technical tracks and the courses per track.
Credits in residence requirement: At least 24 credits in Computer Science courses must be completed in SEAS.
Graduation GPA requirement: To satisfactorily complete a second major, a student must have a minimum GPA of 2.2 in all the Computer Science courses.