Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Computer Science Program and Master of Science in Cybersecurity in Computer Science Program
- Bachelor's Degree with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 for the last 60 hours of course work
- GRE Score
- Two courses in mathematics beyond pre-calculus
- One year of science with laboratory
- Courses in computer science using a structured language, discrete structures, data structures, and computer architecture
- Transcripts from all attended institutions of higher education
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation : Three letters of recommendation if requesting consideration for a fellowship or an assistantship
* Please note, international applicants and applicants requesting consideration for a fellowship or an assistantship must also submit the following materials:
For international applicants: a TOEFL score of at least 213 on the computer exam or 550 on the paper exam, a financial certificate and supporting financial documents. The George Washington University cannot admit you or send you a student visa document (I-20 or DS-2019) until you have submitted financial certification showing sufficient funds to pay for your educational expenses. The process to obtain a student visa from a U.S. consulate abroad usually takes at least three months. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you submit your financial certificate when you send in the rest of your application materials.
For more information, including applications and deadlines, click here.