Prospective undergaduate students must submit a GW Application.
See the GW Admission website for admissions procedures and deadlines.
Generally, applicants to an undergraduate program must provide:
- SAT 1 or ACT test scores sent directly to our Admissions Office by the testing agency.
GW's school code for the SAT is 5246 and for the ACT is 0664.
- Official high school/secondary school transcript mailed to us from your high school.
Your transcript must show grades from ninth through the eleventh grade, as well as courses being taken in the senior year.
- Fall senior year grades should be sent by the high school as soon as they become available.
- A Counselor recommendation and a Teacher/faculty recommendation. Recommendation forms are provided in Part 2 of the Application.
- Essay. The essay is given in Application Part 2.
An interview is not required for admission; however, if you elect to participate in an interview, it will be used in the Admissions process.