Human-subject testing at GW
- Office of Human Research
This is a valuable site for research students/faculty who plan to have users test their research product. The site contains forms and other paperwork that is required for submission. Follow the directions carefully!
How to evaluate, write, and present a paper?
- An evaluation of the ninth SOSP submissions -or- how (and how not) to write a good systems paper, Roy Levin and David D. Redell
- The task of the referee, Alan Jay Smith
- A guide for new referees in theoretical computer science, Ian Parberry
- The elements of style, Strunk and White
- Armando's Paper Writing and Presentations Page, Armando Fox
- Advice on research and writing, (pointers maintained by Mark Leone)
- How to give a bad talk?
- How to give a good talk?
- Yuan Xie's comprehensive resource links
Research at GW:
For an overview of GW's areas of academic and research excellence, consult the following sites:
- The Office of Research Services
- GW's Centers and Institutes
- GW's Assets and Information for the Business Community
- The Medical Center's active sponsored research projects and affiliated research centers and institutions.
- Internal funding is provided for faculty research on a competitive basis.
- Faculty or students who seek external funding for their research can search the Community of Science.
- Search for Funding – IRIS (Illinois Research Information Service) - You must be on a GW computer to access this site.
- The Office of Research Services, through its staff of Research Service Coordinators, assists investigators in finalizing and submitting proposals and in monitoring their spending.
- The Office of Health Research, Compliance, and Technology Transfer manages approval of proposals that involve human subjects, animals, radiation, recombinant DNA, and other laboratory safety issues.
- Grants and Contracts Accounting Services works closely with ORS and handles fiscal policies, billing of sponsors, and submission of financial reports to sponsors.
- The Office of Technology Transfer handles disclosures from investigators who make research discoveries so that opportunities for commercialization can be pursued.
Research for Students at GW:
- Undergraduates can search the undergraduate research site for opportunities.
- The ETD Initiative enables graduate students in research-oriented programs to disseminate approved theses and dissertations electronically.
- Faculty and graduate student fellowship funding opportunities can be located through the Office of Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships.
GW's Main Research Libraries: GW Libraries are ranked among the top 125 research libraries in the country:
- Gelman Library
- Burns Law Library
- Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library
- Washington Research Library Consortium
Other Conducting Research Sites of Interest: