This candidate will support a team of Enterprise Architects, Technology Leads and Senior Engineers in the design and build of a large, complex Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform. This candidate will be assisting with a wide range of technologies, but should expect to gain significant relevant experience to their chosen degree.
- Assist in the design and documentation of a large, complex Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) platform, to include:
- Network design
- Storage design
- Authentication design
- Assist with integration of numerous components from disparate vendors to achieve unified network management and control
- Assist with quality assurance and stress testing of IaaS platform
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education Requirements
Candidates should be active degree-seeking students in Information Science, Computer Science, Information Technology or related majors.
Experience with any of the following a plus:
- Layer 2/Layer 3 networking
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Dell server hardware
- NetApp storage systems
- VMWare ESXi, VMWare vCenter
- VMWare Horizon
- Software defined networking, VMWare NSX
- Windows Server 2012, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Office 365
Qualified applicants will be able to obtain a security clearance of SECRET or higher and be able to lift 75 pounds. Candidates will not be required to travel beyond their normal work site.
Imperatis is an equal opportunity employer promoting a diverse and drug free work environment. EOE, Gender, Race, Disabled, Veterans. Imperatis is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Monumental Sports & Entertainment owns and operates three professional sports teams: the NBA's Washington Wizards, the NHL's Washington Capitals, and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. Monumental, which merged Lincoln Holdings and Washington Sports & Entertainment on June 10, 2010, also owns and operates Verizon Center, the premier sports and entertainment venue in Washington, D.C. Additionally, the group operates Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the Capitals' state-of-the-art training facility in Arlington, Va., and George Mason University's Patriot Center, located in Fairfax, Va.
Spring 2015 Academic Semester
The CRM and Database Management Intern will support all initiatives regarding Salesforce.com (SFDC), Ticketmaster Archtics, and MSE’s internal data warehouse. This person will learn through on-the-job experience about relational databases, system integration, data cleanliness, business processes, and digital marketing initiatives as they pertain to the professional sports and entertainment business. He or she will contribute to the growth and success of nationally recognized brands in major sports leagues.
- Build and maintain custom objects and fields in SFDC
- Create Reports and Dashboard components in SFDC to display and analyze sales/marketing data
- Resolve service Cases from internal sales, service, marketing, and production users
- Help design and implement cost-saving business processes in SFDC to replace inefficient practices
- Research best practices for the administration and development of SFDC
- Contribute to SFDC User adoption and training
Experience / Skill Requirements:
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to learn quickly while on the job
- Organized, punctual, thorough, and detail-oriented
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Not required, but a plus: Experience with SFDC, Ticketmaster Archtics, or other databases
- Not required, but a plus: Knowledge of SQL, HTML, Java, Apex, and/or other coding languages
- Currently enrolled as a full time college student or graduate student
- Focus in Computer Science preferred (other majors also considered)
- Must be upperclassman or graduate student
- Must be eligible to receive academic credit for internship
Please open the attachment document for more information about the company, the position, and how to apply.
Be part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software
engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and
excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
- advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
- mobile support for the user interfaces
- learning management systems with social media features
- user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
- innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a
growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that
are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking
Senior .NET Software Engineers to join our team in Washington, DC or Reston, VA.
The Senior Software Engineer (.NET) will be an integral part of the software engineering and
product development team within AIR. This group of professionals provide custom software
solutions for our clients as well as internal support systems. Much of the work we perform is new
development, so the right candidate will have the skills needed to perform full life-cycle software
development. This includes participation in requirements gathering, application and database
design, system documentation, writing and unit-testing efficient code, and deployment.
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Computer Science and 4+ years professional software development
- SQL experience to include work with relational databases and writing SQL queries
- Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and demonstrated
proficiency/expert knowledge in OO design
- Solid understanding of algorithms
- Self-starting, independent thinker and worker
- Excellent analytical skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
- M.S. in Computer Science
- Training and experience in Artificial Intelligence
- SQL Server 2000 and Transact-SQL
- VB Script
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement
plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information,
please visit our website at www.air.org.
New America’s Education Policy Program is looking for an entry-level front end developer capable of transforming our policy research and analysis into creative, intuitive data visualizations and geospatial web applications. The position is full-time, based in the program’s offices in downtown Washington, D.C., and includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Work with the program’s policy analysts to identify opportunities for data visualization, charts, and mapping applications.
- Help to develop and enhance the program’s online data project, febp.newamerica.net, its award-winning education blog, www.edcentral.org, and its general use of digital technologies.
- Work with New America’s graphics, communications, and editorial staff to transform interactive web content into static material for print and social media purposes.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Geographic Information Science, Graphics Design, Public Policy, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in web development, data visualization, geospatial development, and front-end/UI development.
- A good eye for design, and preferably experience in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong understanding of responsive web design, cross-browser compatibility, and best practices for code development.
- The ideal candidate would have at least basic knowledge of structured/unstructured databases like MySQL and MongoDB, and web development tools such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, or Node.js.
- Excellent communications skills, passionate about using data to improve public policy research, and open to creating re-usable tools and sharing work processes with others.
- Additional beneficial past experiences include building mobile applications, developing in a Wordpress environment, and familiarity with open source libraries and frameworks.
Please view the attachment for more information.
We are seeking a Web developer to complement its team of already very capable developers. This position is for full-time employment. We will do our best to help the candidate to grow in software development and make sure he/she has practical and diverse development opportunities in a professional environment.
We do ColdFusion, PHP and ASP/ASPX development. Candidates must be strongly interested in Web Development and be a quick learner.
Skills and qualities that are requirements include:
- Experience working with databases including MS SQL and MySQL
- Responsive to several management team members
- Perfectionist personality willing to deliver only outstanding results
Other Desirable Qualities:
- ColdFusion development experience
- XML experience
- Familiarity with server/network maintenance
- BS Degree in Computer Science or 2+ year experience
- Excellent benefits
- Training on our specific techniques
- Opportunity to make a big difference in a small, growing company
- Monthly company lunch at your choice of restaurant
- Monthly Massage certificate
- Convenient Stop off the Virginia Square Metro
- Close to Starbucks & Ballston Mall
Kuttlefish.com is an exciting internet startup company providing a marketplace and social network where users can buy and sell goods made of reused and recycled materials, and share reuse ideas. Our Facebook community (facebook.com/reuseconnection) has 140,000 fans and our website launched in May 2014.
We are seeking a self-motivated software developer with a minimum 3-5 years web development experience and an interest in sustainability and social media.
This position is an opportunity to work in a startup company with high career and professional growth potential. You will have a significant amount of responsibility, gain valuable experience, and will be a key player in the early success of the company. You will work closely with our CEO and our software development group.
- Familiarize yourself with our web application.
- Code new site features and fix bugs as requested.
- Integrate social media applications with the site.
- Build widgets to help expand our reach.
- Ensure all code implements responsive design.
- Master’s Degree, or working towards one.
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following:
- Linux Server
- Apache or NGINX Web Server
- MySQL version 5.5
- PHP 5.3
- Responsive design
- Social media integration
- A personal commitment to living sustainably.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
This position will require 15-20 hours per week. Hours and days are flexible. Willingness to work on weekends, if necessary.
Preferred start date by Oct 1, but we can work with your schedule if you are the right fit. We ask that you stay with us for a minimum of 6 months.
This opportunity will begin as an unpaid internship. Free coffee during meetings and free attendance at local conferences relevant to our line of business.
Contingent on investment funding and revenue, this position can grow into full-time, paid employment.
Most work will be done from home. You will need to attend meetings occasionally in Washington DC.
- Looking for a Python tutor who is knowledgeable about using Python for data analysis.
- Four hours a week - $40 an hour - Foggy Bottom or on campus.
The Aerospace Industries Association (AIA) is seeking a qualified undergraduate or graduate student in Computer Science, Statistics or other quantitative field to develop complex data visualizations, interactive web pages and statistical analysis in support of our advocacy efforts. The intern position is located in Arlington, Virginia and will report directly to AIA's Legislative Affairs division. The ideal candidate should be proficient in live web data visualization API’s (Java); the publication of visualizations on the web (Html5); and possess familiarity with SVG objects for graphical display and interactivity. The candidate should also have experience creating interesting infographics and data graphs that are both aesthetically interesting and readable. An interest in aerospace policy and/or political processes is a plus. *This is an unpaid position, however, a travel stipend is available.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, basic html/Java, GIS mapping software, Google Sites, and open-source web-based data visualization tools.
- Experience with STATA, SAS, or SPSS, is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strict attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks, and ensure quality of work.
- Interest in public policy and legislative landscape a plus.
- Pursuing BS or MS degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field.
My 10 year old son (“John”) attended a summer computer programming camp and is interested in continuing to develop his skills in basic Java programming. We are interested in having him work with a tutor twice a month for a few hours, assign him age-appropriate reading and homework, and assess his progress.
Hourly fee is negotiable, will include your travel time.
Ideally, tutoring sessions would occur at our home in Alexandria, though we are open to other options.
Department: WAMU - 88.5
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Work Hours per Week: 35
WAMU 88.5, the leading public radio station for NPR news and information in the greater Washington, D.C. area, is searching for a full-time Senior Developer. WAMU is looking for a developer who shares our passion for interactive storytelling and can help us take wamu.org to the next level. Our team has produced work that has won awards and recognition alongside The New York Times and the Boston Globe, and we’re looking to grow our capabilities.
For more information about American University and our staff benefits, please visit http://www.american.edu/hr/.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent with at least 4 years’ experience required.
- The Developer will be fluent in software development processes and methodologies as well as internet-based development tools and conversant in modern software engineering concepts.
- 3 plus year’s demonstrable experience with PHP and 4 plus developing web applications.
- Hands-on knowledge of WordPress and Drupal. Excellent programming, code development, code debugging and testing skills, troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on experience with web server/systems administration.
- Understanding of XML, XSL and other data syndication technologies.
- Strong grasp of client/server networking applications involving web servers and databases.
- Strong grasp of computer operating systems including different flavors of Linux, Apple, and Windows.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated and consistent ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of multi-media formats, including MP3, MP4, AAC and others.
- Familiar with mobile development concepts.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute on multiple deliverables against deadlines a must.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively “Protected Bases”) in its programs and activities.
We are looking for an education communications intern with excellent writing and verbal skills, as well as some demonstrated technical skills in design and editing; mapping; data visualization; programming; and/or photography. More details about the listing can be found at the URL below, and our other internships are also listed here for interested candidates:
Education Communications Internship: http://newamerica.net/node/118898
Education Policy Internship: http://newamerica.net/node/118899
Learning Technologies Policy Internship: http://newamerica.net/node/118900
- We are a consulting firm developing cross-industry software applications to help decision makers in emerging markets, particularly in Africa
- You are a creative, sharp, and driven student and / or recent graduate who will join a tight-knit team to develop a cutting-edge mapping, modeling, and analytics software platform, among other projects.
- We have built a scalable mapping and analytics platform using GIS tools and databases such as OpenStreetMap and CartoDB
- We are experts in emerging markets, with a focus on Africa
- We have expertise in multiple industries, including ICT, energy, infrastructure, and mobile financial services
- You love coding, data, emerging markets, and maps
- You are pursuing or have obtained a degree in computer science / engineering / similar discipline
- You have experience developing web applications with a focus on stability, security, and usability
- You are proficient in, or familiar with mobile-first and responsive design
- You have some experience in developing REST APIs and / or backend development
- You have excellent organizational skills, strong work ethic and attention to detail
- You are an enthusiastic, motivated team player who has strong communication skills
- Must be organized and self-motivated with a keen attention to detail and a focus on accuracy
- Establishes an on-going process to maintain quality data and define quality audit processes
- Monitors quality metrics daily to proactively identify issues related to data loads
- Performs data integrity checks, reports anomalies, and coordinates with internal users for resolution
- Ensures high quality data is collected and safeguards the integrity of the data
- Identifies and leverages opportunities to improve the quality management processes, systems, and standards
- Works closely with internal business units to resolve any quality issues.
- Escalates and pro-actively communicates with manager to confirm priorities and approach
- Accountable for understanding data quality needs
- Participates in team coordination activities to achieve workflow optimization
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Works with 3rd party as well as internal software tools for data quality assurance
- Extremely Detailed and Process Oriented
- 4 year Bachelor's degree is required
- Strong PC Skills, including intermediate to advanced knowledge in Excel is required
- Ability to learn and apply concepts is essential.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and logical thinking as well as problem solving and analytical skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and presentation skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence in a collaborative environment
- Self-starter, results-driven, and effective at prioritizing and managing multiple initiatives concurrently
- Ability to work independently, providing structure in ambiguous situations.
- Sound organizational and planning skills with a solid attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Ability to effectively work in a large, geographically diverse system
- Prior commercial real estate experience is preferred.
- Flexibility in hours is preferred.
The Coding School, a non-profit dedicated to teaching coding to elementary and middle school students, is looking for undergrads, graduate students, and PhD candidates majoring in Computer Science to teach coding classes at K-8 schools around DC! We believe that learning how to code is like learning a foreign language, and the earlier a child begins learning, the easier programming will become. We are an LA-based organization started January 2014 and will be teaching coding courses at schools throughout Los Angeles this Fall including in the LA Unified School District and the Beverly Hills Unified School District. We are working with schools in RI and Hawaii and now have several schools in the DC area wanting to implement our program. We are also being considered by the National Science Foundation for a research grant on Coding and Early Education. Your commitment can be as little as 1 hour per week – pay will be $20-25/hr. Two of our instructors have already credited their recently earned internships at Microsoft and the like to their teaching positions with The Coding School.
A research lab of one of Japan's largest internet companies needs Spanish and German data annotators.
Employer: Rakuten USA
+ Identify and annotate brand names, colors and other types of entities in Spanish or German e-commerce data
+ Authorized to work in the US
(An international student with a CPT permit is welcome)
+ Languages: The candidate needs to have proficiency in one of the two languages below:
++ Spanish: Native (preferred) or advanced level/full proficiency
++ German: Native (preferred) or advanced level/full proficiency
+ Sign NDA form to have access to the data
+ OK to work from home
+ The initial task requires:
++ German annotation: around 58-60 hours (preferably need to be done ~8 days)
++ Spanish annotation: around 50 hours (preferably need to be done ~7 days)
+ There is a possibility that there will be more data to annotate in the near future
Unique opportunity to teach for an innovative organization: great schedule for graduate students and an opportunity to leverage your area of academic expertise!
Who We Are
We are an after-school enrichment program with a strong belief that substantive enrichment and fun are not mutually exclusive – they’re inseparable. Our programs are based in meaningful enrichment, academic support, and creative exploration.
Who You Are
An outgoing, unique, and dedicated individual who is passionate about sharing your skills and interests with young learners.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher – graduate students are encouraged to apply
- Ability to stimulate a child’s mind and create opportunities for enrichment that are both fun and educational
- Experience working with school-aged children (preferred but not required)
- Ability to respond effectively in a crisis situation and to utilize universal precautions to ensure the safety of children, other staff members, and guests
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with children, their families, program guests, and other staff members
Staff will lead enrichment classes, provide academic support, and work closely with other team members to create a unique after-school experience for students. If you have expertise in the arts, sports, or a particular academic field, this is an opportunity for you to share your passion with a new generation of learners.
This is a part-time hourly position, 2:15 PM – 6:30 PM weekdays plus extra hours on occasional school ½ days and full-day school closings.
Excellent pay - commensurate with education and experience
Continuing education and professional development opportunities
Opportunities for career advancement into Director and other positions
Connecticut College is seeking a visiting professor (rank open) of computer science to teach one section of Operating Systems (COM326) for the fall semester of 2014 (28 August – 10 Dec). Applicants must have a Masters or equivalent in Computer Science or related field. The catalog course description of COM326:
COMPUTER SCIENCE 326 OPERATING SYSTEMS An introduction to computer operating systems. The primary functions of an operating system, such as process management, memory management, and device management, will be covered. Other relevant issues, such as security, networking, and distributed systems, will be discussed.
Prerequisites: COM 212 Data Structures and COM 219 Computer Organization.
Connecticut College is a private, highly selective institution with a demonstrated commitment to outstanding faculty teaching and research. Recognizing that intellectual vitality and diversity are inseparable, the College has embarked on a significantly successful initiative to diversify its faculty, student body and curriculum. The College seeks creative scholars excited about working in a liberal arts setting, with its strong focus on engaged teaching, participation in shared governance, and active involvement in an institution-wide advancement of diversity.
We value the contributions visitors bring to our community and encourage their active engagement with their departments and all aspects of campus life during the course of their appointment. The presence of visiting faculty members is welcome at all faculty meetings.
Additional information about the department can be obtained at http://cs.conncoll.edu or by contacting Gary Parker at email@example.com or (860) 439-5208.
The Project Manager/Scrum Master manages and leads medium-scale, highly complex business-critical IT software development projects. For these projects, s/he is responsible for leading sprint planning, daily scrums, stakeholder reviews, and team retrospectives; assisting product owners in translating project vision and business objectives into a product backlog; facilitating product backlog grooming; tracking the team’s progress (burndown, velocity and trends); removing impediments for the team; and identifying risks to the team and management. S/he ensures productivity by fostering team creativity, empowerment, and accountability, as well as the continuous improvement of software development processes. S/he may participate in the establishment of project goals and success factors, develop overall project plans, budgets and schedules with input and buy-in from key stakeholders and team members. S/he communicates at all levels of the organization (including senior management) on issues of strategy, risk, process, and ongoing operations. In addition, the Project Manager/Scrum Master advances the role of Scrum across the team by leading/participating in training and coaching individuals and teams, including those outside Technology & Information Systems. The Project Manager/Scrum Master works with senior management to develop and enhance IT strategies, methodologies, processes and standards, creates templates, and selects and implements. S/he researches and incorporates industry best practices as appropriate for TIS. S/he provides mentorship for project leads as requested, and works with supervisors of team members to assist in their professional development. S/he acts as a resource to other project managers to provide project management guidance and expertise.
Please open the attachment for more information.
The Potomac Art Therapy Association, a local non-profit, is looking for a volunteer interested in expanding his or her portfolio and experience! We are searching for someone with knowledge of website design and programming for tech help with our website. We need help with current problems we are facing with our site and are hoping this individual can provide support on a continuing basis for trouble shooting and website updates as needed. We expect this to be at least 4-5 times a year.
Our website URL is http://www.potomacarttherapy.org/
The website platform is Jumpline: https:://my.kumpline.com/branded/login
The content management system used to update most of the info on the site is Wordpress.
WebFinance Inc. is hiring Senior Mobile Developer with great benefits. Job detail is at:
Green Door, a non-profit mental health agency, is seeking a talented individual for a temporary full-time summer position working as a Desktop Support Technician to support and maintain on premise desktop computer systems, peripherals, and tablets.
- Install, upgrade, configure, diagnose, test, repair and maintain hardware, software, and equipment resulting in optimal workstation performance.
- Configure and secure tablet devices for staff deployments.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, emails, and/or work requests regarding employee problems
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Computer Science Program.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Must possess a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in hardware, software and desktop operating systems.
- Familiarity with both Windows and iOS preferred.
- Some networking familiarity a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
This position pays $10-12 per hour based on experience.
We are seeking Co-op candidates to research next-generation compute platforms utilizing emerging non-volatile memory (NVM) technologies. Candidates will have some flexibility in which AMD site they work from. Candidates should be studying for a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar discipline and have experience with the following tools and technologies;
- Linux kernel: in particular, memory management subsystem and storage device drivers.
- FPGA and Verilog: Some projects have a significant hardware-software co-design component, so experience with FPGA and associated tools will be useful.
Research results may be submitted for publication and may contribute to the Co-op’s own thesis.
We are seeking a Co-op candidate to research new analytical and software simulation techniques for memory reliability modeling and analysis. Candidates will have some flexibility in which AMD site they work from. The ideal candidate will be studying for a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline, and have experience with one or more of the following tools and technologies;
- Error-correcting codes (ECC)
- DRAM and non-volatile memory (NVM) failure modes and repair techniques
- Statistical modeling and simulation techniques
- Object-oriented software engineering in C++, and version control
- Use of STL and BOOST C++ libraries
Research results may be submitted for publication and may contribute to the Co-op’s own thesis.
AMD delivers unique and unmatched computational capabilities in order to create natural, intelligent and innovative ways for people to interact with the devices they love. We design and manufacture graphics cards and microprocessors that power millions of the world’s personal computers, tablets, gaming consoles, embedded devices and cloud servers.
The School of Information Technology at the University of Cincinnati(University Strategic Plan: http://uc.edu/uc2019) seeks to hire one tenure track Assistant Professor to start in January/August 2015. Review of the applications will start on June 1, 2014.
The SoIT is expanding its undergraduate and graduate offerings. Candidates who value diversity and interdisciplinary initiatives, who are interested in being part of a team-oriented, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment, are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates are those who are self-motivated and have demonstrated initiative and leadership skills. Candidates should have the background and experience to teach and develop undergraduate and graduate level courses, specifically courses in the mobile and game development area. All faculty positions require teaching, research and service responsibilities.
While all areas of Information Technology expertise will be considered, the SoIT has special interest in Mobile Development, Social Networking, and Entertainment and Educational Games Development. Candidates who have the capacity and interest to develop interdisciplinary research programs in one or more of these areas will be given preference.
Are you passionate about software? Are you constantly pushing yourself to learn new technologies to develop better, faster and more efficient applications? Then QueTel Corporation is the place for you. Everyone at QueTel is deeply committed to delivering high-performing applications that change the way our users consume and use commercial real estate data. We are the leading in Crime Scene Investigation and Criminal Justice Software Development. Officers and police departments all over the United States are using our software for their tracking their cases and keeping their records in a safe place. We are growing rapidly and searching for a junior .NET developer who can take us to the next level. Are you up for the challenge?
The Junior .NET Developer is responsible for designing, developing and troubleshooting high performance and high availability applications to meet the company’s strategic objectives. He/she is also responsible for adhering to QueTel’s .NET development frameworks & best practices and follow QueTel SDLC processes. We are looking for someone with leadership qualities to grow with our organization.
- Analyze technical requirements and design new components to meet QueTel’s functional, performance and availability requirements.
- Design and develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of QueTel’s product architecture and frameworks. Maintain and contribute to QueTel’s product platform as necessary.
- Develop database SQL scripts, stored procedures and SSIS packages that meet QueTel database standards to implement product requirements.
- Maintain and support QueTel’s products that are released to stakeholders and customers.
- Build consensus among different teams working on software development projects.
- Facilitate discussions among other .NET and database developers to exchange new ideas and improvements.
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen QueTel’s technology platform and development practices.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, along with minimum of three years of relevant industry work experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or assistance to complete tasks.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Possesses Enterprise development experience.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of C# and the .NET platform
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of Web services and WCF technologies
- Demonstrates knowledge of ADO.NET, TSQL and stored procedure development.
- Requirements analysis and management
- Strong knowledge of SDLC
- Software testing (Unit, System, Integration, Functional, Performance).
- Adaptability/Stress tolerance.
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas within and across teams.
- Ability to work well with other developers and management.
- Ability to juggle priorities
- Awareness of emerging technologies.
QueTel offers a competitive base salary and benefits which include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription and vision benefits.
- 10 days accrued paid vacation 1st year, 1 day more each year, and 15 days after 5 years + 5 days sick leave.
- QueTel is an information company. Our job is to make that information accessible as needed
- Work with the latest SQL Server technology
- Enjoy the performance of Dev \ Test \ Prod Environments.
- Rely upon a full Windows server environment
- Employ all Microsoft technologies because MSDN Subscriptions are available for all developers
Company Name: QueTel Corporation (http://www.quetel.com)
The QueTel Corporation of Chantilly, Virginia, specializes in tracking and unique item management systems; many of which use barcodes. Its target market is the manual, time consuming procedures used in the back office, behind the scenes activities that are almost invisible. Founded in 1982, the company sold barcode equipment and barcode software for generic warehouse and asset inventory. The following year it built one of the first PC-based barcode asset systems. Today its focus is on customized browser-based asset systems and applications for uniformed services law enforcement, fire, and emergency services. These can be installed on client servers or run on our own secure cloud servers over the internet.
An entry level developer is responsible for all aspects of Information Technology relating to QueTel Software.
Responsibilities would include:
- Working with the development team to debug and resolve integration problems.
- Understand web-based development framework; develop custom parts that runs on the top of the existing framework.
- Driving projects that improve support-related processes and our customer’s developer support experience
- Strong ability to determine a root cause.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Deliver technical and customer support services for end users including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and hardware configuration;
- Assign tickets and work hand in hand with Developers to get bug fixes;
- Use remote tools to access clients’ servers and desktops;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field;
- Ability to learn new technologies and keep up with the latest technological advances;
- knowledge of operating systems Windows 7, 2003/2008 Server;
- Familiarity with web standards and responsive web design
- Technical knowledge of SQL Server 2005 and 2008;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Must be willing to work in Chantilly, VA;
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation;
We are committed to the growth and development of each employee. We select individuals based on their desire to be team players. This ensures that you will be working with a group of people that are focused on the goal of the whole and not just out for individual needs. We work together to provide opportunity, challenge, and employment satisfaction as we continue the commitment of serving our customers and achieving the goals.
There is a lot to learn in our collaborative environment, you will get your hands on the latest technologies and be on the top of it.
We also offer competitive salaries and health benefits.
QueTel Corporation (http://www.quetel.com)
Location: 14100 Sullyfield Circle, Suite 700. Chantilly VA 20151
Rate: 40-65K a year
The National Museum of Women in the Arts (NMWA) is currently recruiting fall interns! NMWA offers paid and unpaid, full-time and part-time internships.
The fall openings are:
Georgetown Day School’s Office of Auxiliary Programs is seeking to hire a Computer Programming Counselor to work during our 2014 summer camps.
About Georgetown Day School: Georgetown Day School (GDS) is a progressive, independent school in Washington DC. GDS honors the integrity and worth of each individual within a diverse school community, and is dedicated to providing a supportive educational atmosphere in which teachers challenge the intellectual, creative, and physical abilities of our students and foster strength of character and concern for others. From the earliest grades, we encourage our students to wonder, to inquire, and to be self-reliant, laying the foundation for a lifelong love of learning.
As part of this mission, GDS’s Auxiliary Programs include interesting and engaging extracurricular opportunities that support lifelong learning for students of all ages, including variety of fun, educational, and entertaining camps and classes throughout the school year and summer.
GDS Camps and Classes Mission: While participating in GDS Camps & Classes, children will explore, learn, and create through hands-on and interpersonal inquiry, gaining an appreciation for themselves, others, and the world. GDS Camps & Classes Team Members teach new skills and provide tools that enable children to develop into great people who strive to learn and understand, try new things, and care for others.
Position Description: As part of our summer programs, GDS seeks to hire a part-time, summer camp counselor to work with middle school students in our 21nnovate camp. Specifically, we are looking for an individual to teach the following sessions, which run from 8 am to 12:30 pm daily from June 30-July 11. Additional afternoon work in art and sports may be available to interested and qualified candidates.
June 30-July 3: Intro to HTML and CSS
July 7-11: Intro to PHP and Dynamic Web Pages
POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL WEEKS:
July 14-18: Intro to Ruby and Dynamic Web Pages*
July 28-August 1: Intro to C++*
August 4-8: Intro to App Design*
* Please note that sessions marked with asterisks are not currently fully enrolled and may not take place. A decision will be made on May 15.
Pay ranges from $13-$20/hour based on experience and education level.
More information about our summer camps are available online at www.gds.org/campsandclasses.
Georgetown Day School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, marital status, race, religion national origin or ethnic origin or sexual orientation in the hiring or retaining of staff. In addition, GDS makes every effort to comply with all governmentally mandated regulations applicable to independent schools including, but not limited to, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1991.
To view the full job description please click here.
Are you looking for an entryway into the local tech scene? Are you interested in startup culture? Join us at AlphaVu over the summer and learn how to be a part of the science of big data while working in an exciting, fast paced startup environment. Learn more about AlphaVu: www.alphavu.com.
What is AlphaVu?
AlphaVu provides the real-time competitive intelligence you must have to win in the Internet age. Using proprietary data systems and advanced statistical methods, we identify emerging trends, monitor clients’ audiences, and distribute messages to guarantee they will be heard.
- Track engagement across social media platforms.
- Gather data on clients’ audiences and groups clients wish to add to their audiences.
- Search for and analyze information pertinent to clients’ issue areas.
- Develop and prepare data for statistical analysis.
- Currently working towards an undergraduate degree in any of the following: communications, mathematics, statistics, computer science.
- At least one semester of statistics.
- Familiar with data analysis
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Demonstrated work and knowledge of social media
Position: The American Writers Museum Foundation is seeking an intern to upgrade its website and social media positioning.
Start date – as soon as possible
Hours – flexible
Office location: 1999 K Street NW Washington DC
Job Description: czbLLC, an Alexandria-based neighborhood planning firm, is looking to work
with an undergraduate or graduate student to develop a mobile application. Ideally, this
student is a full stack developer - able to build out both the front and back ends of the
The application we are looking to develop will help our team of field researchers more
efficiently conduct full housing inventories in the communities in which we work. czb’s
proprietary inventory method allows us to analyze qualitative housing conditions and
characteristics within the context of quantitative data - namely, sales transactions.
Note well, we know precisely how we want this application to look and function.
About czb: czb is a neighborhood planning firm specializing in deep dive analysis, strategy
development, and implementation of revitalization plans. For more information about czb,
p!lease visit www.czb.org.
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), a regional four-year campus and division of West Virginia University, located in Montgomery, WV, invites applications for the following employment opportunity:
Assistant Professor in Computer Science within the Computer Science and Information Systems department in the Leonard C. Nelson College of Engineering and Sciences. The department offers two degree programs: BS degree in Computer Science and BS degree in Information Systems. Position is 9month, full-time, tenure-track, and benefits-eligible.
Qualifications: A Ph.D. in Computer Science or ABD is required. Commitment to teaching excellence, responsiveness to student needs, and good communication skills are essential.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching Computer Science and Computer Information Systems courses for baccalaureate programs and service classes for other majors. The successful candidate will also be expected to pursue scholarly activities and perform other service associated with a faculty position.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications. Position is effective August 16, 2014. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Further information is available at the Computer Science and Information Systems Department web-site at http://compsci.wvutech.edu/ and
WVU Tech offers a broad array of programs including four-year engineering programs (BS) in Civil, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, and Computer Science plus four year technology programs (BSET) in Electronic Engineering Technology, Engineering Technology (Civil, Environmental, and Mechanical emphasis) and Industrial Technology.
WVU Tech is an EEO/AA Employer. Minorities, persons with disabilities, females, veterans and other protected class members are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 304-442-3179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monumental Sports and Entertainment (MSE) has a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Digital Marketing Internship available for Summer 2014. The CRM and Digital Marketing Intern will work closely with the CRM and Analytics group to provide support to all initiatives regarding Salesforce.com (SFDC), Ticketmaster Archtics, and Oracle Eloqua. These platforms track and execute all interaction between MSE and the customers of our sports properties (Washington Capitals, Washington Wizards, and Washington Mystics), including sales calls, order processing, and mass email distribution. Our intern will learn through on-the-job experience about professional database management and data analytics.
Resolve service Cases from internal SFDC users, which include, but are not limited to:
- Merging duplicate Accounts and Contacts in SFDC and Archtics
- Changing Primary Contacts on SFDC Accounts, ensuring proper integration to Archtics
- Create Reports in SFDC and build Dashboard components to display and analyze reported data
- Build mass email communications and surveys through Eloqua, and analyze interaction metrics
- Research best practices for the administration and development of SFDC
- Contribute to SFDC user adoption and training
Experience / Skill Requirements:
- 1-2 years office experience preferred
- Ability to learn quickly and motivation to self-teach
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Organized, thorough, and detail-oriented
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional analytic skills
- Positive mindset and strong team spirit
- Not Required, But a Plus: Experience with SFDC and/or Ticketmaster Archtics
- Not Required, But a Plus: Experience with Eloqua or other email platform
- Currently enrolled as a full time college student or graduate student with a focus in Computer Science preferred (other majors, including Statistics or related business path also considered).
- Must be an upper classman or graduate student
3E Company is looking for a part time student (15 – 20 hours per week) to support our development of Expert Rules for SAP EH&S.
- Programming of rule logic for regulatory compliance in SAP EH&S
- Support in development of documentation for rules
Graduate student in Computer Science preferred
Ability to quickly learn SAP EHS Expert language (based on BASIC)
- Knowledge of SQL (Structured Query Language)
- 2+ years experience in Information Technology with solid knowledge of windows operating systems, office automation and Windows software applications
- Excellent technical aptitude required
- Experience working on an IT project or in an IT product support environment is preferred
- Strong English skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously and deliver necessary documentation
- Undergraduate chemistry degree a plus
Place of work: Flexible, although expected to be in Bethesda, MD office at least once/week.
Rates are commensurate with skill and experience. Candidate will act as an independent contractor.
About the IHQIP
The recently launched Institute for Healthcare Quality Improvement and Performance’s (IHQIP) mission
is to improve the quality of health care in Somalia through advocacy, technical assistance, and
research. A subsidiary of Somali Family Services (www.ussfs.org), IHQIP is a nonprofit organization
with offices in the US and Garoowe, Somalia.
Data Scientist, Fellow (Unpaid)
We are seeking energetic, forward-thinking individuals to join the Institute for Quality Healthcare
Improvement and Performance (IHQIP). The successful candidate would help unravel and analyze data
for healthcare quality improvement at our non-profit organization.
This position is ideal for candidates looking for that perfect opportunity to help launch their careers in
global health. A life scientist with a data science background would also be an excellent candidate. A
strong sense of team spirit and diplomacy required, as well as excellent communication skills. Exposure
to open source software, code sprints, agile development methods, and community or technical project
management would be an asset.
Relevant experience includes open source analytics; MapReduce; text wrangling; big data; web
scraping; data mining; natural language processing; and databases (e.g. SQL or NoSQL). Core skills
should have strong analytical skills and be familiar with statistical frameworks, mathematical modeling,
and machine learning. Experience with the statistical tools used by our other scientists (e.g. R and
Python) would be helpful. Experience with web visualizations with D3 or WebGL would be an asset.
Our workflow is cloud-based, so candidates should have experience with Amazon Web Services
(AWS), as well as familiarity interacting with virtual machines and web servers. The data scientist will
interact with web-based project management tools and assist with the management of other technical
staff. The ideal candidate should have exposure to code management, code release, testing, and
distributed version control practices.
The data scientist's duties will include analyzing, modeling, and mining data with open source tools;
assisting with information management; designing scientific visualizations; and contributing to technical
project management. S/he will be responsible for developing of statistical, mathematical and operations
research models that are applied to solving business problems.The data scientist will be expected to
adhere to our code management, code release, and distributed version control practices.
Formal Education Required and/or Equivalent Experience:
Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, or another quantitative
field. At least 1 year (with a Master’s degree) or 2 years (with a Bachelor’s) experience applying
statistical and data mining techniques to business problems. Knowledge of SAS, R, Mahout, and data
visualization tools. Knowledge of parametric, non-parametric and semi-parametric regressions models,
cross section time series models, longitudinal data analysis, Structural Equations Models etc.
Knowledge of formulating and solving OR models like linear (large-scale), mixed integer, non-linear and
evolutionary programming methods. Knowledge of various Clustering algorithms and their applications
Work Environment/Physical Activities:
Flexible workplace with option for telework. Weekly and/or Bi-weekly check-ins with Supervisor via
Skype, email and/or in-person depending on proximity to Washington Metro area.
About the Work
This position is about using technology to help fundamentally change the way international
development projects are managed.
The International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) was founded in 2011, and has had incredible success
in standardizing publication of information on international development activities. Almost all of the
world’s major funders now publish data on international development spending to a central registry in a
common format, permitting easy access, analysis, and aggregation of a wealth of important data on
projects in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe, and the Caribbean. These data are invaluable for
citizens and governments in developing countries who want to understand the real patterns of
development spending in their countries, and who want to analyze development projects which are
affecting their lives.
However, the gap between data publication and data use is still wide. The IATI data model is complex,
the registry is still evolving, and there is a massive need for skilled hackers to sift through the data and
develop strategies for parsing, quality assurance, and aggregation. Many of DG’s products are starting to
use IATI data at scale, and we are taking a leading role in the community effort to help IATI live up to its
You are smart and tech-savvy, with a background in data analysis or web development (or both!), and
you want to use your skills to help change the world. We have no specific educational requirements -
what we require is that you can hit the ground running on day one with building cool products for
parsing XML, analyzing IATI data, and extracting actionable insights. (And yes, it’s totally fine if your first
step is “convert the XML to JSON”).
About the Experience
This is a paid internship, based at the amazing and brand-new OpenGov Hub office at McPherson
Square. You will spend the summer in an open concept environment, hooked up to fast wifi and
unlimited coffee, surrounded by http://opengovhub.org/who-we-are/ ">cool organizations, in the heart of a a great neighborhood. You will get the chance to learn from the AidData team about international development, you will push the
organization’s thinking around IATI, and you will be supported by a team who can quickly get you up-to-speed on the domain-specific aspects of the IATI data model. Your insights will not sit on a shelf, but rather will be integrated into core products and production code bases. And who knows - if things go well there is a very good chance that you will be doing this integration yourself before the summer is out.
Development Gateway's (DG) mission is to empower development professionals, governments, and citizens with
the information they need to build a better world. DG makes development information easier to gather, access,
use, and understand through a combination of global advisory services and custom technology solutions.
Development Gateway has more than 10 years of experience in Africa, East Asia, Latin America and Europe.
DG’s clients and partners include key players in the international development space, including more than 24
developing country governments; development agencies such as the World Bank, USAID, the European
Commission, UNDP, UNICEF, and African Development Bank; and innovative private and non-governmental
organizations around the world. DG develops holistic solutions that combine comprehensive consultative services
and web-based software solutions in three broad thematic areas:
- Visual Analytics: Using databases, dashboards, graphics and maps to make development data easier to
collect, manage, use and understand.
- Results Management: Giving development leaders the tools they need to monitor progress, measure
impact and make informed decisions.
- Citizen Engagement: Building platforms for citizens to engage in the development process and hold leaders accountable.
The Information Technology (IT) Intern will assist the technical team in systems administration and management.
He or she will perform user account management, virtual machine deployment using our private cloud platform
and templates, assist in configuring web servers, perform hardware maintenance at the data center, organize
hardware inventory, etc.
This is a paid internship position.
What you can learn from us
- Linux systems management
- LDAP directory management
- System administration best practices
- Automated deployment & unattended install
- Configuration management
- Version control with Git
- Networking and protocols
- SQL and NoSQL database management & tuning
- AD domain services with Samba
- Scripting in Bash, Perl, PHP or Python
- Virtualization with XenServer cloud
- Resource planning & network design
- Monitoring service availability
- Configuring Nginx & Apache web servers
- Security audit
- Debugging and tracing
- Using and managing Jira issue tracker
- Server hardware maintenance and upgrade
- Fibre-optic SAN management & zoning Qualifications
- Basic Linux user skills
- Well-organized and attentive
- Excellent English
- Eligible to work in the US
- Desire to learn is a must: we'll keep no "secret knowledge" from you
Causal Links LLC (www.CausalLinks.com) a small start-up company registered in Maryland, is seeking a part time Java programmer to further develop a user interface for a decision support tool that we have developed. We are a small research team working on applications of knowledge-based decision theoretic techniques in different sectors. This is not a computationally intensive work. rather, we need a programmer with a background in developing user interfaces. with a good knowledge of Java to develop a web-based user interface for our tool. Negotiable pay.
The programmer can work from his/her workstation or laptop from any location.
The APHL web intern provides support for the association’s rapidly expanding website. The intern makes site updates, creates pages using standard templates, regularly reviews site content and style, supports search engine optimization (SEO) and assists with other projects as requested.
Click here for more information.
BE A HEALTHCARE HERO!
Looking to make a difference? Love web design? Follow healthcare policy? Please help the Institute of Universal Healthcare (IUHC) create a vibrant and engaging website that will build grass roots support for a more inclusive, affordable and sustainable healthcare system by building on the ACA and making it better. (A lot better!)
We are seeking savvy and creative designers who can work with our marketing team to develop an effective site and digital strategy that enables us to promote the organization and its mission mobilize members and raise much needed funds.
Together, we can leave no patient behind!
A small business is launching a website based on the WordPress template and we're looking for an experienced programmer. We'll need a site that is capable of registering users, storing excessive statistics on each user account, integrating a Python plugin into the WordPress website, manipulating said Python plugin, and having the plugin feed information into the user accounts based on the user's performance within the plugin . Our project is going to move fast so we need someone dedicated, motivated, and available to work quickly.
This can be a temporary or part-time position.
Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Full-time staffer (not consultant)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Organization Website: http://www.nolabels.org/
No Labels is seeking a Data Analyst. This staffer will be a critical component in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of No Labels. The responsibilities include collecting and analyzing data from advertising, emails and social media and helping to develop digital strategy.
About No Labels
No Labels is a growing citizens’ movement of Democrats, Republicans and everything in between dedicated to promoting a new politics of problem solving.
We are unlike any organization in America. The most powerful interest groups in our nation’s capital work to push our leaders and our political parties apart. No Labels is working to bring them together to forge solutions to our nation’s problems. We welcome people left, right and everything in between as long as they are willing to collaborate with one another to seek a shared success for America. This new attitude is what No Labels is all about.
Within Congress, No Labels has already recruited over 90 members to become Problem Solvers and over 75 members of the 113th Congress who support the creation of a new governing process for America.
No Labels does not expect anyone to shed their identity when they join our movement. We are a community of proud liberals, proud conservatives and everything in between who are united by the conviction that people with different beliefs really can set aside the labels and come together to solve problems.
- Collect and organize data from all advertising campaigns, emails and social media outreach
- Present the data clearly and concisely for senior leadership
- Use large amounts of data to assist the digital team make more informed decisions leading to a more engaged community.
- Assist in segmenting our email list to help craft messages that resonate with all supporters
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, and CRMs (Blue State Digital familiarity is preferred)
- Comfortable breaking down enormous multivariate data sets to draw conclusions
- Make inferences, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Build a feedback loop to help grow and evolve the digital program
- Ability to look at large amounts of data and make actionable inferences
- Proven ability to multi-task, meet campaign schedules and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and meeting deadlines in a team environment
- Ability to communicate to present data to an audience not fluent in the content
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
AccessComputing, a National Science Foundation funded project, aims to increase the participation of people with disabilities in computing careers. Once again, AccessComputing has funding for students with disabilities to participate in summer internships. Students participate in both research internships as well as non-research internships. As we all know, internship experience is important as students move on to the next steps of their careers.
Students with disabilities who are interested in summer internships are encouraged to fill out the form at: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/blaser/224098 Through applying for an internship, students will have the opportunity become AccessComputing student team members. Student team members engage in online mentoring and are eligible to request funding for internships, travel to conferences, and tutoring.
Faculty who are interested in hosting an AccessComputing student with a disability as a research intern, are encouraged to contact AccessComputing PI Richard Ladner directly at email@example.com
Learn more about AccessComputing by checking out our latest Opportunities! newsletter that helps students with disabilities learn about careers in computing, locate resources, and learn about opportunities for students with disabilities.
University of Maryland Center for Bioinformatics and Computational
Biology (CBCB) is inviting application for summer internship program.
The goal of the summer program is to get students hands-on research
experience in bioinformatics as part of ongoing research projects
within the CBCB. The program will run from May to August (with
flexible start and end dates) and will involve full-time research (40
hours / week). Students will be paid a stipend commensurate with
their level of education. Please visit
for further information and instructions on how to apply.
The Washington Center is excited to announce summer 2014 internship opportunities available through the Federal Diversity Internship Initiative (previously the Competitive Government Program). If interested, students should apply by March 3, 2014 for paid positions with one of several federal agencies.
Selected students will intern for 10 weeks at offices within the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Environmental Protection Agency, National Archives and Records Administration or a similar agency. Positions may be available in Washington, D.C. and several regional locations.
Many available positions call for candidates from the fields of aviation, business, human resources, computer science, healthcare, statistics, communication, library science, environmental science, public administration and engineering - so applications from students pursuing these majors are encouraged. Additionally, TWC encourages students from many diverse backgrounds to apply - including women, minorities and students with disabilities.
Accepted interns will receive significant financial assistance , including a stipend, fully-furnished housing, and a travel allowance. Students will not be responsible for housing, program, or application fees.
ReuseConnection.com is an exciting internet startup company providing a marketplace and social network where users will buy and sell goods made of reused and recycled materials, and share reuse ideas. Our Facebook community (facebook.com/reuseconnection) already has 138,000 fans and our website is currently in beta with a tentative launch date of March 25, 2014.
We are seeking two self-motivated software developers with experience in web development or mobile app development and an interest in sustainability and social media. This position will work closely with our CEO and our software development group.
This position is an opportunity to work in a startup company with high career and professional growth potential. You will have a significant amount of responsibility, gain valuable experience, and will be a key player in the early success of the company.
Bachelor's Degree, or working towards one. Experience and/or familiarity with the following:
- Linux Server
- Apache or NGINX Web Server
- MySQL version 5.5
- PHP 5.3
- Responsive design
- Social media integration
- Mobile App Development including iOS and Android operating systems.
A personal commitment to living sustainably.
Highly motivated, self-starter.
This position will require between 15-20 hours per week. Hours and days are flexible. Willingness to work on weekends, if necessary.
Preferred start date by Feb 1, but we can work with your schedule if you are the right fit. We ask that you stay with us for a minimum of 4 months.
This opportunity will begin as an unpaid internship.
Contingent on investment funding and/or initial revenues, this position can grow into full-time, paid employment.
Most work will be done from home. You will need to attend meetings occasionally in Washington DC.
Citrisys Solutions is looking for a handful of college students to participate in a 6 month long internship program. This will initially be an unpaid, and at will employment position. You will be provided with training and experience to help get your career in computer programming started. There is a chance that during the training program you are tapped to work on a live project, at which time you will be compensated for your time. This position could also potentially lead to full-time, paid employment within our company.
What are we looking for: We need college students who want to get a head start on their careers and life, by participating in a program that will help them gain valuable experience while also providing developer specific training. Those students that have a knack for programming, have a self-motivated and self-starting demeanor, and aren’t afraid to put in the work to further themselves and their career.
What you will be doing: Immersing yourself in the culture of software development by having instructor-led training sessions, and hands-on project work. Ability to choose a specific software platform or training pipeline is possible.
Possible Technology platforms to work with:
- Ecommerce application development
- CMS Systems
- Programming languages
- J2EE – application frameworks like Spring, Struts
- HTML5, CSS
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Must be college student within one year of graduation; ideally a Senior or between Junior and Senior year
- Must have a major in the computer and or information sciences discipline; engineering, math or other closely related science disciplines will be considered when combined with exposure to programming and or aptitude.
- Must have time to devote to the instructor-led training, as well as time available to work on projects when assigned.
About Us: Citrisys Solutions is an IT services company headquartered in Vienna, VA, with offices worldwide. We primarily specialize in full spectrum ecommerce application development, management, and hosting solutions. We also develop, manage, and consult on ERP solutions. We do these on a host of platforms and technologies, and for companies large and small. We foster free and independent thought, with many of our developers able to travel, consult, and develop on a variety of projects throughout the year.
1. Web programming and website builder.
2. Computer graphics: to provide ‘artist’s renderings’ of library computer
commons areas and also of mobile (bus) interior areas designed for
library computer commons areas.
3. Computer graphics to provide logos for crowdfunding campaigns.
4. Computer work to provide pictorial/video/social media editing, text placement and management of crowdfunding campaigns on multiple crowdfund sites, like Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Rockethub and many others.
Company website: www.urbroadband.com
Seeking skilled computer expert to handle the transition from PC to Mac in a two-person interior design office.
The job includes:
- Advising which Mac to purchase
- Transferring files from PC
- Connecting it to in-office network and server
- Synchronizing with iPhone and iPad
- Providing written instructions for usage.
- Assisting with any problems that may arise after system is up and running
This Job Opening at Edinboro University could be of interest to you. If you require more information, after following the link below, please contact Edinboro University directly.
Please be advised that Edinboro University is accepting applications for a Director of Institutional Research & Assessment.
Applications will be accepted online at https://jobs.edinboro.edu/postings/1744
Internship in Computer Science
1. Computer graphics: to provide ‘artist’s renderings’ of library computer commons areas and also of mobile (bus) interior areas designed for library computer commons areas.
2. Computer graphics to provide logos for crowdfunding campaigns.
3. Computer work to provide pictorial/video/social media editing, text placement and management of crowdfunding campaigns on multiple crowdfund sites, like Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Rockethub and many others.
This REU program allows students completing their Junior year the opportunity to spend summer break working alongside USC’s world-class faculty on cutting-edge research in engineering and computer science. Participants will gain valuable research experience and receive a stipend for living expenses in Los Angeles. University housing and transportation will also be provided.
Interested students are invited to attend our upcoming webinar on Wednesday, January 15 at 2:00pm Pacific Standard Time to learn more SURE program benefits and the application process. To register for this webinar and to review a complete list of research projects available, students are encouraged to visit our SURE webpage or review our digital SURE brochure.
Applicants to the Summer Research program should be outstanding undergraduate students in engineering or computer science who will begin their senior year in fall 2014 and must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or Canadian citizens. The deadline to apply for SURE 2014 is February 3.
Please go to the following link for more information:
Please go to the following link for more information:
At CACI, we don't just hire you for a job; we hire you for a career. CACI recruits, retains, and develops a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. We empower you to forge your path while providing you with the tools, guidance, and flexibility needed to accomplish your career goals. CACI has a clear, defined strategy that has guided our success for over fifty years.
Consider a career with CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing the information technology and consulting solutions America needs to defeat global terrorism, secure our homeland and improve government services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Software development on a .NET 4.0 and SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012 platform. Development includes implementing system improvements/enhancements and resolving system defects.
- Follow the software development life cycle for each development task by producing detailed technical design documents, developing, and unit testing based on detailed project schedule.
- Work closely with the functional team to determine feasibility of requirements.
- Work with technical team lead to determine level of efforts for various assignments.
- Attend meetings and take meeting minutes, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Zero to two years of related experience.
- DoD Secret clearance must be obtainable.
- Experience with web application development.
- Experience with object-oriented concepts.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.