Be part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software
engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and
excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
- advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
- mobile support for the user interfaces
- learning management systems with social media features
- user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
- innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a
growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that
are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking
Senior .NET Software Engineers to join our team in Washington, DC or Reston, VA.
The Senior Software Engineer (.NET) will be an integral part of the software engineering and
product development team within AIR. This group of professionals provide custom software
solutions for our clients as well as internal support systems. Much of the work we perform is new
development, so the right candidate will have the skills needed to perform full life-cycle software
development. This includes participation in requirements gathering, application and database
design, system documentation, writing and unit-testing efficient code, and deployment.
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Computer Science and 4+ years professional software development
- SQL experience to include work with relational databases and writing SQL queries
- Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and demonstrated
proficiency/expert knowledge in OO design
- Solid understanding of algorithms
- Self-starting, independent thinker and worker
- Excellent analytical skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
- M.S. in Computer Science
- Training and experience in Artificial Intelligence
- SQL Server 2000 and Transact-SQL
- VB Script
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement
plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information,
please visit our website at www.air.org.
Department: WAMU - 88.5
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Work Hours per Week: 35
WAMU 88.5, the leading public radio station for NPR news and information in the greater Washington, D.C. area, is searching for a full-time Senior Developer. WAMU is looking for a developer who shares our passion for interactive storytelling and can help us take wamu.org to the next level. Our team has produced work that has won awards and recognition alongside The New York Times and the Boston Globe, and we’re looking to grow our capabilities.
For more information about American University and our staff benefits, please visit http://www.american.edu/hr/.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent with at least 4 years’ experience required.
- The Developer will be fluent in software development processes and methodologies as well as internet-based development tools and conversant in modern software engineering concepts.
- 3 plus year’s demonstrable experience with PHP and 4 plus developing web applications.
- Hands-on knowledge of WordPress and Drupal. Excellent programming, code development, code debugging and testing skills, troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on experience with web server/systems administration.
- Understanding of XML, XSL and other data syndication technologies.
- Strong grasp of client/server networking applications involving web servers and databases.
- Strong grasp of computer operating systems including different flavors of Linux, Apple, and Windows.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated and consistent ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of multi-media formats, including MP3, MP4, AAC and others.
- Familiar with mobile development concepts.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute on multiple deliverables against deadlines a must.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively “Protected Bases”) in its programs and activities.
- Must be organized and self-motivated with a keen attention to detail and a focus on accuracy
- Establishes an on-going process to maintain quality data and define quality audit processes
- Monitors quality metrics daily to proactively identify issues related to data loads
- Performs data integrity checks, reports anomalies, and coordinates with internal users for resolution
- Ensures high quality data is collected and safeguards the integrity of the data
- Identifies and leverages opportunities to improve the quality management processes, systems, and standards
- Works closely with internal business units to resolve any quality issues.
- Escalates and pro-actively communicates with manager to confirm priorities and approach
- Accountable for understanding data quality needs
- Participates in team coordination activities to achieve workflow optimization
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Works with 3rd party as well as internal software tools for data quality assurance
- Extremely Detailed and Process Oriented
- 4 year Bachelor's degree is required
- Strong PC Skills, including intermediate to advanced knowledge in Excel is required
- Ability to learn and apply concepts is essential.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and logical thinking as well as problem solving and analytical skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and presentation skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence in a collaborative environment
- Self-starter, results-driven, and effective at prioritizing and managing multiple initiatives concurrently
- Ability to work independently, providing structure in ambiguous situations.
- Sound organizational and planning skills with a solid attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Ability to effectively work in a large, geographically diverse system
- Prior commercial real estate experience is preferred.
- Flexibility in hours is preferred.
Connecticut College is seeking a visiting professor (rank open) of computer science to teach one section of Operating Systems (COM326) for the fall semester of 2014 (28 August – 10 Dec). Applicants must have a Masters or equivalent in Computer Science or related field. The catalog course description of COM326:
COMPUTER SCIENCE 326 OPERATING SYSTEMS An introduction to computer operating systems. The primary functions of an operating system, such as process management, memory management, and device management, will be covered. Other relevant issues, such as security, networking, and distributed systems, will be discussed.
Prerequisites: COM 212 Data Structures and COM 219 Computer Organization.
Connecticut College is a private, highly selective institution with a demonstrated commitment to outstanding faculty teaching and research. Recognizing that intellectual vitality and diversity are inseparable, the College has embarked on a significantly successful initiative to diversify its faculty, student body and curriculum. The College seeks creative scholars excited about working in a liberal arts setting, with its strong focus on engaged teaching, participation in shared governance, and active involvement in an institution-wide advancement of diversity.
We value the contributions visitors bring to our community and encourage their active engagement with their departments and all aspects of campus life during the course of their appointment. The presence of visiting faculty members is welcome at all faculty meetings.
Additional information about the department can be obtained at http://cs.conncoll.edu or by contacting Gary Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 439-5208.
Unique opportunity to teach for an innovative organization: great schedule for graduate students and an opportunity to leverage your area of academic expertise!
Who We Are
We are an after-school enrichment program with a strong belief that substantive enrichment and fun are not mutually exclusive – they’re inseparable. Our programs are based in meaningful enrichment, academic support, and creative exploration.
Who You Are
An outgoing, unique, and dedicated individual who is passionate about sharing your skills and interests with young learners.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher – graduate students are encouraged to apply
- Ability to stimulate a child’s mind and create opportunities for enrichment that are both fun and educational
- Experience working with school-aged children (preferred but not required)
- Ability to respond effectively in a crisis situation and to utilize universal precautions to ensure the safety of children, other staff members, and guests
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with children, their families, program guests, and other staff members
Staff will lead enrichment classes, provide academic support, and work closely with other team members to create a unique after-school experience for students. If you have expertise in the arts, sports, or a particular academic field, this is an opportunity for you to share your passion with a new generation of learners.
This is a part-time hourly position, 2:15 PM – 6:30 PM weekdays plus extra hours on occasional school ½ days and full-day school closings.
Excellent pay - commensurate with education and experience
Continuing education and professional development opportunities
Opportunities for career advancement into Director and other positions
The Project Manager/Scrum Master manages and leads medium-scale, highly complex business-critical IT software development projects. For these projects, s/he is responsible for leading sprint planning, daily scrums, stakeholder reviews, and team retrospectives; assisting product owners in translating project vision and business objectives into a product backlog; facilitating product backlog grooming; tracking the team’s progress (burndown, velocity and trends); removing impediments for the team; and identifying risks to the team and management. S/he ensures productivity by fostering team creativity, empowerment, and accountability, as well as the continuous improvement of software development processes. S/he may participate in the establishment of project goals and success factors, develop overall project plans, budgets and schedules with input and buy-in from key stakeholders and team members. S/he communicates at all levels of the organization (including senior management) on issues of strategy, risk, process, and ongoing operations. In addition, the Project Manager/Scrum Master advances the role of Scrum across the team by leading/participating in training and coaching individuals and teams, including those outside Technology & Information Systems. The Project Manager/Scrum Master works with senior management to develop and enhance IT strategies, methodologies, processes and standards, creates templates, and selects and implements. S/he researches and incorporates industry best practices as appropriate for TIS. S/he provides mentorship for project leads as requested, and works with supervisors of team members to assist in their professional development. S/he acts as a resource to other project managers to provide project management guidance and expertise.
Please open the attachment for more information.
WebFinance Inc. is hiring Senior Mobile Developer with great benefits. Job detail is at:
The School of Information Technology at the University of Cincinnati(University Strategic Plan: http://uc.edu/uc2019) seeks to hire one tenure track Assistant Professor to start in January/August 2015. Review of the applications will start on June 1, 2014.
The SoIT is expanding its undergraduate and graduate offerings. Candidates who value diversity and interdisciplinary initiatives, who are interested in being part of a team-oriented, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment, are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates are those who are self-motivated and have demonstrated initiative and leadership skills. Candidates should have the background and experience to teach and develop undergraduate and graduate level courses, specifically courses in the mobile and game development area. All faculty positions require teaching, research and service responsibilities.
While all areas of Information Technology expertise will be considered, the SoIT has special interest in Mobile Development, Social Networking, and Entertainment and Educational Games Development. Candidates who have the capacity and interest to develop interdisciplinary research programs in one or more of these areas will be given preference.
Are you passionate about software? Are you constantly pushing yourself to learn new technologies to develop better, faster and more efficient applications? Then QueTel Corporation is the place for you. Everyone at QueTel is deeply committed to delivering high-performing applications that change the way our users consume and use commercial real estate data. We are the leading in Crime Scene Investigation and Criminal Justice Software Development. Officers and police departments all over the United States are using our software for their tracking their cases and keeping their records in a safe place. We are growing rapidly and searching for a junior .NET developer who can take us to the next level. Are you up for the challenge?
The Junior .NET Developer is responsible for designing, developing and troubleshooting high performance and high availability applications to meet the company’s strategic objectives. He/she is also responsible for adhering to QueTel’s .NET development frameworks & best practices and follow QueTel SDLC processes. We are looking for someone with leadership qualities to grow with our organization.
- Analyze technical requirements and design new components to meet QueTel’s functional, performance and availability requirements.
- Design and develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of QueTel’s product architecture and frameworks. Maintain and contribute to QueTel’s product platform as necessary.
- Develop database SQL scripts, stored procedures and SSIS packages that meet QueTel database standards to implement product requirements.
- Maintain and support QueTel’s products that are released to stakeholders and customers.
- Build consensus among different teams working on software development projects.
- Facilitate discussions among other .NET and database developers to exchange new ideas and improvements.
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen QueTel’s technology platform and development practices.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, along with minimum of three years of relevant industry work experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or assistance to complete tasks.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Possesses Enterprise development experience.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of C# and the .NET platform
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of Web services and WCF technologies
- Demonstrates knowledge of ADO.NET, TSQL and stored procedure development.
- Requirements analysis and management
- Strong knowledge of SDLC
- Software testing (Unit, System, Integration, Functional, Performance).
- Adaptability/Stress tolerance.
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas within and across teams.
- Ability to work well with other developers and management.
- Ability to juggle priorities
- Awareness of emerging technologies.
QueTel offers a competitive base salary and benefits which include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription and vision benefits.
- 10 days accrued paid vacation 1st year, 1 day more each year, and 15 days after 5 years + 5 days sick leave.
- QueTel is an information company. Our job is to make that information accessible as needed
- Work with the latest SQL Server technology
- Enjoy the performance of Dev \ Test \ Prod Environments.
- Rely upon a full Windows server environment
- Employ all Microsoft technologies because MSDN Subscriptions are available for all developers
Company Name: QueTel Corporation (http://www.quetel.com)
The QueTel Corporation of Chantilly, Virginia, specializes in tracking and unique item management systems; many of which use barcodes. Its target market is the manual, time consuming procedures used in the back office, behind the scenes activities that are almost invisible. Founded in 1982, the company sold barcode equipment and barcode software for generic warehouse and asset inventory. The following year it built one of the first PC-based barcode asset systems. Today its focus is on customized browser-based asset systems and applications for uniformed services law enforcement, fire, and emergency services. These can be installed on client servers or run on our own secure cloud servers over the internet.
An entry level developer is responsible for all aspects of Information Technology relating to QueTel Software.
Responsibilities would include:
- Working with the development team to debug and resolve integration problems.
- Understand web-based development framework; develop custom parts that runs on the top of the existing framework.
- Driving projects that improve support-related processes and our customer’s developer support experience
- Strong ability to determine a root cause.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Deliver technical and customer support services for end users including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and hardware configuration;
- Assign tickets and work hand in hand with Developers to get bug fixes;
- Use remote tools to access clients’ servers and desktops;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field;
- Ability to learn new technologies and keep up with the latest technological advances;
- knowledge of operating systems Windows 7, 2003/2008 Server;
- Familiarity with web standards and responsive web design
- Technical knowledge of SQL Server 2005 and 2008;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Must be willing to work in Chantilly, VA;
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation;
We are committed to the growth and development of each employee. We select individuals based on their desire to be team players. This ensures that you will be working with a group of people that are focused on the goal of the whole and not just out for individual needs. We work together to provide opportunity, challenge, and employment satisfaction as we continue the commitment of serving our customers and achieving the goals.
There is a lot to learn in our collaborative environment, you will get your hands on the latest technologies and be on the top of it.
We also offer competitive salaries and health benefits.
QueTel Corporation (http://www.quetel.com)
Location: 14100 Sullyfield Circle, Suite 700. Chantilly VA 20151
Rate: 40-65K a year
Georgetown Day School’s Office of Auxiliary Programs is seeking to hire a Computer Programming Counselor to work during our 2014 summer camps.
About Georgetown Day School: Georgetown Day School (GDS) is a progressive, independent school in Washington DC. GDS honors the integrity and worth of each individual within a diverse school community, and is dedicated to providing a supportive educational atmosphere in which teachers challenge the intellectual, creative, and physical abilities of our students and foster strength of character and concern for others. From the earliest grades, we encourage our students to wonder, to inquire, and to be self-reliant, laying the foundation for a lifelong love of learning.
As part of this mission, GDS’s Auxiliary Programs include interesting and engaging extracurricular opportunities that support lifelong learning for students of all ages, including variety of fun, educational, and entertaining camps and classes throughout the school year and summer.
GDS Camps and Classes Mission: While participating in GDS Camps & Classes, children will explore, learn, and create through hands-on and interpersonal inquiry, gaining an appreciation for themselves, others, and the world. GDS Camps & Classes Team Members teach new skills and provide tools that enable children to develop into great people who strive to learn and understand, try new things, and care for others.
Position Description: As part of our summer programs, GDS seeks to hire a part-time, summer camp counselor to work with middle school students in our 21nnovate camp. Specifically, we are looking for an individual to teach the following sessions, which run from 8 am to 12:30 pm daily from June 30-July 11. Additional afternoon work in art and sports may be available to interested and qualified candidates.
June 30-July 3: Intro to HTML and CSS
July 7-11: Intro to PHP and Dynamic Web Pages
POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL WEEKS:
July 14-18: Intro to Ruby and Dynamic Web Pages*
July 28-August 1: Intro to C++*
August 4-8: Intro to App Design*
* Please note that sessions marked with asterisks are not currently fully enrolled and may not take place. A decision will be made on May 15.
Pay ranges from $13-$20/hour based on experience and education level.
More information about our summer camps are available online at www.gds.org/campsandclasses.
Georgetown Day School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, marital status, race, religion national origin or ethnic origin or sexual orientation in the hiring or retaining of staff. In addition, GDS makes every effort to comply with all governmentally mandated regulations applicable to independent schools including, but not limited to, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1991.
To view the full job description please click here.
Job Description: czbLLC, an Alexandria-based neighborhood planning firm, is looking to work
with an undergraduate or graduate student to develop a mobile application. Ideally, this
student is a full stack developer - able to build out both the front and back ends of the
The application we are looking to develop will help our team of field researchers more
efficiently conduct full housing inventories in the communities in which we work. czb’s
proprietary inventory method allows us to analyze qualitative housing conditions and
characteristics within the context of quantitative data - namely, sales transactions.
Note well, we know precisely how we want this application to look and function.
About czb: czb is a neighborhood planning firm specializing in deep dive analysis, strategy
development, and implementation of revitalization plans. For more information about czb,
p!lease visit www.czb.org.
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), a regional four-year campus and division of West Virginia University, located in Montgomery, WV, invites applications for the following employment opportunity:
Assistant Professor in Computer Science within the Computer Science and Information Systems department in the Leonard C. Nelson College of Engineering and Sciences. The department offers two degree programs: BS degree in Computer Science and BS degree in Information Systems. Position is 9month, full-time, tenure-track, and benefits-eligible.
Qualifications: A Ph.D. in Computer Science or ABD is required. Commitment to teaching excellence, responsiveness to student needs, and good communication skills are essential.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching Computer Science and Computer Information Systems courses for baccalaureate programs and service classes for other majors. The successful candidate will also be expected to pursue scholarly activities and perform other service associated with a faculty position.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications. Position is effective August 16, 2014. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Further information is available at the Computer Science and Information Systems Department web-site at http://compsci.wvutech.edu/ and
WVU Tech offers a broad array of programs including four-year engineering programs (BS) in Civil, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, and Computer Science plus four year technology programs (BSET) in Electronic Engineering Technology, Engineering Technology (Civil, Environmental, and Mechanical emphasis) and Industrial Technology.
WVU Tech is an EEO/AA Employer. Minorities, persons with disabilities, females, veterans and other protected class members are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 304-442-3179 or email email@example.com.
Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Full-time staffer (not consultant)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Organization Website: http://www.nolabels.org/
No Labels is seeking a Data Analyst. This staffer will be a critical component in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of No Labels. The responsibilities include collecting and analyzing data from advertising, emails and social media and helping to develop digital strategy.
About No Labels
No Labels is a growing citizens’ movement of Democrats, Republicans and everything in between dedicated to promoting a new politics of problem solving.
We are unlike any organization in America. The most powerful interest groups in our nation’s capital work to push our leaders and our political parties apart. No Labels is working to bring them together to forge solutions to our nation’s problems. We welcome people left, right and everything in between as long as they are willing to collaborate with one another to seek a shared success for America. This new attitude is what No Labels is all about.
Within Congress, No Labels has already recruited over 90 members to become Problem Solvers and over 75 members of the 113th Congress who support the creation of a new governing process for America.
No Labels does not expect anyone to shed their identity when they join our movement. We are a community of proud liberals, proud conservatives and everything in between who are united by the conviction that people with different beliefs really can set aside the labels and come together to solve problems.
- Collect and organize data from all advertising campaigns, emails and social media outreach
- Present the data clearly and concisely for senior leadership
- Use large amounts of data to assist the digital team make more informed decisions leading to a more engaged community.
- Assist in segmenting our email list to help craft messages that resonate with all supporters
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, and CRMs (Blue State Digital familiarity is preferred)
- Comfortable breaking down enormous multivariate data sets to draw conclusions
- Make inferences, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Build a feedback loop to help grow and evolve the digital program
- Ability to look at large amounts of data and make actionable inferences
- Proven ability to multi-task, meet campaign schedules and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and meeting deadlines in a team environment
- Ability to communicate to present data to an audience not fluent in the content
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
This Job Opening at Edinboro University could be of interest to you. If you require more information, after following the link below, please contact Edinboro University directly.
Please be advised that Edinboro University is accepting applications for a Director of Institutional Research & Assessment.
Applications will be accepted online at https://jobs.edinboro.edu/postings/1744
At CACI, we don't just hire you for a job; we hire you for a career. CACI recruits, retains, and develops a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. We empower you to forge your path while providing you with the tools, guidance, and flexibility needed to accomplish your career goals. CACI has a clear, defined strategy that has guided our success for over fifty years.
Consider a career with CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing the information technology and consulting solutions America needs to defeat global terrorism, secure our homeland and improve government services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Software development on a .NET 4.0 and SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012 platform. Development includes implementing system improvements/enhancements and resolving system defects.
- Follow the software development life cycle for each development task by producing detailed technical design documents, developing, and unit testing based on detailed project schedule.
- Work closely with the functional team to determine feasibility of requirements.
- Work with technical team lead to determine level of efforts for various assignments.
- Attend meetings and take meeting minutes, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Zero to two years of related experience.
- DoD Secret clearance must be obtainable.
- Experience with web application development.
- Experience with object-oriented concepts.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
Please Note that WealthEngine has several openings for this position.
The Associate Database Developer will be responsible for developing and automating existing data
processing programs. WealthEngine currently collects and stores data from 35 different sources. Our
total database size is 3 TB.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- PL/SQL development:
- Create simple stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers for batch screening process.
- Maintain SQL*Loader routines for loading data
- Monitor/Execute data loading process
- Review result after data cleansing process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or four-year
university is required.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience with Oracle PL/SQL with emphasis on understanding stored
procedures, functions, packages and triggers.
- Knowledge/experience with the following technologies is required
- Knowledge/experience with the following technologies a plus:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and technical skills are required as are a positive attitude and
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
-Common Delimited, Excel, Access
-Oracle database, Oracle SQL*Loader, Shell scripting, Linux, batch scheduling (cronjob) and monitoring
WealthEngine, Inc. is a leading provider of sophisticated wealth identification and prospect research
services to financial services, retail, luxury and nonprofit organizations. Over four thousand clients use
WealthEngine's products for comprehensive consumer and business research on individuals, companies
and foundations. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, WealthEngine serves both the United States and the
United Kingdom. For more information, please visit our website at www.wealthengine.com
WealthEngine, Inc. offers a competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits including
medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan.
Vacancies: Seeking to fill 3 – 4 positions
Projected start date: Immediately, and on a rolling basis
Locations: Washington, DC Metropolitan area, San Francisco Bay area
Note: this start-up company is founded by a CS alumnus
Towers is a internet technology start-up focused on e-Commerce and social media. The disruptive technology is an innovative communication tool. The company plans to revolutionize an industry (real estate and hospitality) and launch at universities in the US. First Release plans to be launched at GWU in January 2014, so this is a chance to contribute to your community and witness growth on campus.
The start-up is looking for world-class Software Developer(s) / Internet Entrepreneur(s). The candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of something substantial. The candidate will NOT need to leave their full-time job; s/he could juggle this project while attending school or working. The opportunity is there to convert to full-time after funding.
Compensation: To be discussed during interview – equity stake or a combination of cash and equity.
US Citizens preferred. International candidates will be sponsored after funding early next year (April-May)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, related professional experience advantageous
- Experience with building responsive web UI using HTML 5 and CSS3
- Experience with JQuery
- Understanding of Document Object Model (DOM) and JQuery selector syntax
- Experience with AJAX web service calls (using JQuery) and JSON REST services
- Code primarily in PHP, Ruby, or Python
- Knowledge in working with networking API’s: Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Personal qualities include: Entrepreneurial spirit, driven, persistent, personal integrity, dedicated, passionate, leadership, energetic, excellent vision and stamina
- A passion for innovative content
- Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Someone who has the desire to build a company and enjoys creativity and freedom
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills